Pages

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Awards Watch: I Want My MTV

It was a good day for Michael Cera yesterday. The star of Superbad and Juno saw both of his movies from last year nominated for this year's MTV Movie Awards, with a combined total of nine nominations, including three nods for himself. Joining the two comedies in the Best Movie race are I Am Legend, National Treasure: Book of Secrets, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End and Transformers (that's right, Toto, we're not at the Oscars any more).

The Enchanted Amy Adams also picked up three nods, and Johnny Depp was nominated for both his Captain Jack and Sweeney Todd. Hairspray cuties Nikki Blonsky and Zac Efron are up for Breakthrough Performance (along with Superbad's Christopher Mintz-Plasse and Jonah Hill), but not Best Kiss (!). The biggest headscratcher though is Jessica Biel actually being nominated for her acting (and for I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry, no less).

For a quick look at the nominees, see the comments section below, then head over to MTV.com to vote on the awards yourself. The "Golden Popcorns" will be handed out June 1 on, naturally, MTV. Mike Myers will be on hand to shill his upcoming movie The Love Guru ... I mean host.

No comments:

Post a Comment